- Click Here to Sign Up! – 2.25GB FREE
- Complete the Getting Started Tour and get 250MB – 2.25GB + 250 MB = 2.50 GB
- Connect to your social accounts and get 768 MB – 2.50GB + 768 MB = 3.26 GB
- Complete the Dropquest 2011 for an additional 1 GB – 3.26 GB + 1 GB = 4.26 GB
- Earn up to 8 GB by referring friends or 16 GB if you have a .edu address
Quest Visual released their new iPhone app this morning, Word Lens.
I saw a post on Google Reader this morning and decided to download. After buzzing around, watching it perform the word reverse demo, I purchased the in-app English-Spanish translation packs. That is when the fun began.
I was completely blown away by how quick and precise it could replace words on signs. The words looked like they should be there in real life. It is definitely an extraordinary accomplishment.
I cannot wait for more language packs to be released.
Can you imagine a heads-up display, built in to your sunglasses, automatically translating and augmenting your reality as you travel to a foreign country? A truly mind blowing concept.
As soon as I heard about the pilot program, you know I was already signed up.
My buddy Mason just got his in the mail yesterday… Where’s mine Google??? 🙁
The hardware has a slight 2007 Macbook feel to it. I was honestly blown away by the speed of boot and login. All of my bookmarks and settings were just automatically there. It has very clean and neat feel to it.
My co-workers and I immediately tried to gain console access. (Ctrl-Alt-T) The “crosh” shell is limited right out of the box, but you can probably do more in the dev environment. The applications seem very responsive.
Bug-reporting is conveniently integrated into the GUI, automatically taking screenshots and I assume compiling the log files into a package that gets sent with the bug report.
Overall first impression: VERY IMPRESSED!
So I managed to procure another set of ESC’s, soldered them up, and finished the power harness. I still want to build some landing gear and move the battery to the bottom, but for now it will do.
I tested it briefly after work on Friday, but today I was able to tweak the programming and had a very successful test flight until one of my props broke. I ordered some more props for backup and will be back in the air soon. 😉
Thanks Robbie for shooting the video!
More detailed pics and information on the build process to come.
- Make up a power distribution harness for suppling power from the main lipo to the ESC’s.
- Recieve and solder new set of H-KING 20a ESC’s ( Was only able to procure 3 Turnigy Plush 18a ‘s before they went into BACKORDER..ahhhh)
- Solder female JST to Arduino for control power.
- Design and build some kind of landing gear and battery harness.
- Purchase and install Onboard video system. (Go-Hero HD??)
- Charge Batteries
- Wire management (CRAM everything in the box)
- Maiden flight
I went to the World Maker Faire this weekend in NYC. It was really nice to see the Arduino team in person and see all the cool things they have planned. I’m really looking forward to seeing more details on the new Tinkerkit and getting to play with the new Uno and Mega.
The video c/o adafruit industries:
I am impressed and a little dizzy…
Quote from the creator:
I often struggle to make much sense of the world, this leaves me feeling confused and intimidated. The basic physics and mechanical principals employed in the generation of my sculptures is something I do understand, they make perfect sense to me. This gives me some comfort.
I’ve noticed over the past couple years and especially more recently, that sometimes I will continue to work on some challenge (coding/design project, school work, etc…) even while sleeping.
Quite frequently I awake only to remember bits and pieces.
Rarely can I remember the solution long enough to write it down and implement it the next day. When I have been able to, I was surprised to find out that it actually made sense. After watching this video, it seems to make more sense.
Perhaps their is a way to harness the power of our minds in a creative/productive way while we are in a seemingly useless/unproductive state.
Wrote a little script to toggle the sound output for my HTPC and announce the current output. Once the script is compiled (or not), you can assign it to a Windows hot-key and map to your media remote or call it by some other means (use your imagination). Requires AutoIT unless compiled to an exe using the AutoIT compiler.
Global $o_speech = ObjCreate("SAPI.SpVoice")
If ControlCommand("Sound","","&Set Default", "IsEnabled") Then
TrayTip("Sound Output: TV"," ",10,1)
$o_speech.Speak("Sound switched to TV")
TrayTip("Sound Output: AMP"," ",10,1)
$o_speech.Speak("Sound switched to AMP")
Just cough or something if its AT&T… lol.. so true!