So I managed to procure another set of ESC’s, soldered them up, and finished the power harness. I still want to build some landing gear and move the battery to the bottom, but for now it will do.
I tested it briefly after work on Friday, but today I was able to tweak the programming and had a very successful test flight until one of my props broke. I ordered some more props for backup and will be back in the air soon. 😉
Thanks Robbie for shooting the video!
More detailed pics and information on the build process to come.
I went to the World Maker Faire this weekend in NYC. It was really nice to see the Arduino team in person and see all the cool things they have planned. I’m really looking forward to seeing more details on the new Tinkerkit and getting to play with the new Uno and Mega. (Funny side note: At 38:10, my awesome wife accidentally bumped a light switch that caused the lights to dim.. oops..hehe)