It's been a little while since I posted any updates on my aerial adventures.
This means I have been working hard and/or having lots of fun
Here the middle size copter in my current fleet. (mini quad, quad, octo)
This quad-copter version 2.0 has an upgraded frame and computer (newer arduino mega).
I will try to edit and upload some of the video footage from it when I get some time.
Wow.... Awesome footage!!! But I know it must have taken some quick change of the mental gears to recover from this. FPV->LOS->FPV...
I have been pretty busy and have not had much time to work on my quad-copter. Since my last post, I have made a few more test flights and now have wireless avionics via XBee modems working.
My next goal is to upgrade the frame (ideas), attach video for FPV (GoPro HD) and integrate GPS (Google maps way-point control).
My new motivation c/o RCExplorer
- Make up a power distribution harness for suppling power from the main lipo to the ESC's.
- Recieve and solder new set of H-KING 20a ESC's ( Was only able to procure 3 Turnigy Plush 18a 's before they went into BACKORDER..ahhhh)
- Solder female JST to Arduino for control power.
- Design and build some kind of landing gear and battery harness.
- Purchase and install Onboard video system. (Go-Hero HD??)
- Charge Batteries
- Wire management (CRAM everything in the box)
- Maiden flight